New Zealand. It's Our Place to Protect
The newly formed Ministry for Primary Industries is charged with leadership of the New Zealand biosecurity system. This encompasses facilitating international trade, protecting the health of New Zealanders and ensuring the welfare of our environment, flora and fauna, marine life and Maori resources.
Recently Added to this site
- Importing Seeds for Sowing (IHS)
- Forest Products Export Standards - Phytosanitary Requirements of Australia
- Import Health Standard for Specified Foods for Human Consumption Containing Animal Products (IHS)
- The Absence of Specified Animal Diseases from New Zealand
- Importing Poultry Hatching Eggs & Specific-Pathogen-Free Chicken Eggs (IHS)
- Forest Products Export Standards - Phytosanitary Requirements of Russia
In the news
24 July 2014 MPI introduces new biosecurity sniffers >>
Two young biosecurity sniffers were introduced to the world today, along with a new type of detector dog and a new home for the Ministry for Primary Industries’ (MPI) Auckland-based canine team.
4 September 2013 Sightings of invasive angry pest bird increase in Auckland >>
The recent “Angry Bird” campaign, to increase awareness of a pest bird in Auckland, has sparked an increase in confirmed public sightings of the red-vented-bulbul, an aggressive Asian species that threatens our crops.