New Zealand. It's Our Place to Protect
The newly formed Ministry for Primary Industries is charged with leadership of the New Zealand biosecurity system. This encompasses facilitating international trade, protecting the health of New Zealanders and ensuring the welfare of our environment, flora and fauna, marine life and Maori resources.
Recently Added to this site
- Exporting Horses to Japan (Export Requirements)
- Importing Seeds for Sowing (IHS)
- Exporting Pet Birds to the USA (Export Requirements)
- MPI Standard for Avian Transitional facilities
- Hatching eggs of poultry to the United States of America (Export Requirements)
- Importing Cervine semen from the UK (IHS)
In the News
4 September 2013 Sightings of invasive angry pest bird increase in Auckland >>
The recent “Angry Bird” campaign, to increase awareness of a pest bird in Auckland, has sparked an increase in confirmed public sightings of the red-vented-bulbul, an aggressive Asian species that threatens our crops.
19 June 2013 PKE import rules to be tightened >>
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) has today released two reports from inspectors who made official visits to palm kernel expeller (PKE) meal processing facilities in Malaysia and Indonesia this month.