New Zealand. It's Our Place to Protect
The newly formed Ministry for Primary Industries is charged with leadership of the New Zealand biosecurity system. This encompasses facilitating international trade, protecting the health of New Zealanders and ensuring the welfare of our environment, flora and fauna, marine life and Maori resources.
Recently Added to this site
- Queensland fruit fly (Pest/Disease)
- The Absence of Specified Animal Diseases from New Zealand
- Importing Specified processed bee products from all countries (IHS)
- Penguins to the United Kingdom (Export Requirements)
- Commercial birds to the United States of America (Export Requirements)
- Apples to Japan 2014 - Registered Exporter
In the News
4 September 2013 Sightings of invasive angry pest bird increase in Auckland >>
The recent “Angry Bird” campaign, to increase awareness of a pest bird in Auckland, has sparked an increase in confirmed public sightings of the red-vented-bulbul, an aggressive Asian species that threatens our crops.
19 June 2013 PKE import rules to be tightened >>
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) has today released two reports from inspectors who made official visits to palm kernel expeller (PKE) meal processing facilities in Malaysia and Indonesia this month.