New Zealand. It's Our Place to Protect
The newly formed Ministry for Primary Industries is charged with leadership of the New Zealand biosecurity system. This encompasses facilitating international trade, protecting the health of New Zealanders and ensuring the welfare of our environment, flora and fauna, marine life and Maori resources.
Recently Added to this site
- Importing pig meat, pig meat products and by-products from Canada, the EU, Mexico and the USA
- Draft IHS for Capsicum and Tomatoes from Australia
- The Absence of Specified Animal Diseases from New Zealand
- Exporting Equine Semen to the United States of America (Export Requirements)
- Exporting Live Bumble Bees to the Republic of Maldives (Export Requirements)
- Exporting Ovine Embryos to Paraguay (Export Requirements)
In the News
26 April 2013 Code of Welfare for Llamas and Alpacas >>
A code of welfare is now in place for the estimated 15,000 South American camelids (Ilama, alpaca, guanaco and cross breeds of these) that are owned and cared for by New Zealanders.
7 February 2013 Ministry seeks mystery ant sender >>
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is seeking public help to find a person who sent an ant sample to an insect scientist at Landcare Research in Auckland, but provided no contact details or information about where the ant was found.