New Zealand. It's Our Place to Protect
The newly formed Ministry for Primary Industries is charged with leadership of the New Zealand biosecurity system. This encompasses facilitating international trade, protecting the health of New Zealanders and ensuring the welfare of our environment, flora and fauna, marine life and Maori resources.
Recently Added to this site
- Importing Specified processed bee products from all countries (IHS)
- The Absence of Specified Animal Diseases from New Zealand
- Importing Plants and Forest Products
- Queensland fruit fly (Pest/Disease)
- Importing Seeds for Sowing (IHS)
- Exporting Day Old Chicks or Hatching Eggs to Vietnam (Export Requirements)
In the news
9 September 2014 New rules for importing seeds and plant material >>
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) has recently changed the biosecurity rules applied to commonly imported seeds and plant material, including capsicum (e.g. chilli, bell peppers) and Cape gooseberry seeds, and plant material of dahlia, chrysanthemum, and petunia.
24 July 2014 MPI introduces new biosecurity sniffers >>
Two young biosecurity sniffers were introduced to the world today, along with a new type of detector dog and a new home for the Ministry for Primary Industries’ (MPI) Auckland-based canine team.