The Ministry for Primary Industries and its predecessor organisations have developed a number of policies to guide operational decision making.
Relevant policies are linked below. Where there is a discrepancy between an old and a newer policy, the newer policy will apply.
Existing programmes of work are underway in MPI that my lead to changes in these policies.
- Undaria Commercial Use Policy 2010
- Decisions Framework (92 KB)
- Policy Statement on the Development of National Pest Management Strategies by Departments
- Policy Statement on Unwanted Organisms for the Purpose of the Biosecurity Act 1993
- Policy for MPI's Responses to Risk Organisms
- Biosecurity Council Position Statement on the Application of Precaution in Managing Biosecurity Risks Associated with the Importation of Risk Goods under the Biosecurity Act 1993 (2001)
- Biosecurity Council Policy Statement on Interdepartmental Consultation on Risk Analysis and Import Health Standards under Section 22 of the Biosecurity Act 1993 (1998)
- Adverse Events Recovery Policy, MAF (2007)
- MPI Regulatory Authority Policy Statement: Meeting the Transparency Obligations of the WTO Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (1998)
Page last updated: 30 April 2012