News related to Consultation Feedback the Draft Biosecurity Surveillance Strategy
- Feedback sought on draft code of welfare for llamas and alpacas in New Zealand - 27 July 2011
Minimum standards of animal welfare and recommended best practices for everyone responsible for camelids are outlined in a draft code of welfare released for consultation by the National Animal Welfare Advisory Committee (NAWAC) today.
- Draft code of welfare for dogs released for comment - 17 September 2007
The National Animal Welfare Advisory Committee (NAWAC) is seeking comment on a new draft code of welfare for dogs released today. The code outlines the minimum standards of welfare and recommended best practices for anyone responsible for dogs. All dogs, including pets, show dogs, working dogs or those used for breeding or sport, are covered by this code.
- Draft import health standards for pig meat and pig meat products released for consultation - 12 November 2007
MAF Biosecurity New Zealand (MAF BNZ) today issued, for public consultation, four draft Import Heath Standards (IHSs) developed for pig meat and pig meat products. The draft standards are based on an import risk analysis on porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS) virus in pig meat.
- MAF Biosecurity New Zealand seeks views on ballast water controls - 31 October 2007
MAF Biosecurity New Zealand (MAFBNZ) is seeking submissions from interested parties on managing the risk of marine pest organisms being introduced to New Zealand in ships' ballast water.
- Feedback sought on draft code of welfare for dairy cattle - 3 November 2006
Minimum standards of welfare and recommended best practices for anyone responsible for dairy cattle are outlined in a new draft code of welfare to be released by the National Animal Welfare Advisory Committee (NAWAC) tomorrow.
- Government steps up border management work - 16 February 2012
The Government's three border agencies are stepping up work to make trade and travel more efficient through better co-ordination of border services. Read the Ministers’ media release .