MPI/Industry Cargo Consultative Committee
The MPI/Industry Cargo Consultative Committee (MICCC) is the principal advisory forum for the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) and the cargo handling and importing industry to consult on all operational issues arising from the management of New Zealand's Cargo Clearance and Seaport Biosecurity Strategy.
The overall objectives of the MICCC are to assist MPI to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the pre-border and border Biosecurity controls, coordinate the functions of stakeholders, and facilitate the smooth flow of vessels and aircraft through ports and cargo/goods through New Zealand sea and airports.
- Acts as the peak industry consultative group between MPI and the cargo industry.
- Acts as an effective conduit for information exchange between the cargo industry and MPI.
- Promotes MPI/Industry collaboration, learning, effective communication of MPI Cargo Clearance initiatives and improvement in the facilitation of cargo movement whilst maintaining and improving Biosecurity entry measures.
The MICCC group consists of representatives from MPI and the Cargo Industry.
- MPI Cargo Managers
- Biosecurity New Zealand Standards Manager
- New Zealand Custom Service
- Shipping Industry Representation
- Port Representation
- Customs Brokers & Freight Forwarders Federation (NZ) Inc
- New Zealand Fresh Produce Importers Association
- Conference of Asia Pacific Express Carriers
- Board of Airline Representatives New Zealand
- Overseas Movers Association
- Imported Motor Vehicle Association
Other parties may attend individual meetings by invitation only. Any further membership changes are subject to the approval of the Committee.
The MICCC meet quarterly (four times per year), meetings are held in the Auckland area.
MICCC Meeting Dates 2009
- 12th February 2009
- 14th May 2009
- 13th August 2009
- 12th November 2009
For more information on the MICCC please contact the secretariat:
Ph: (09) 909 5034
Page last updated: 14 May 2013