- Termites eradicated - 9 August 2011
An incursion of Australian subterranean termites has been declared eradicated from a site in Richmond, Nelson.
- Detector dog ‘Watchman’ has success at Auckland International Airport - 28 July 2011
On the day that Dog Squad returned to our television screens, our detector dog programme at the border has again proved its worth, with another successful biosecurity interception of melon halves and Cape Gooseberries.
- Porthole offers view of marine pests in our waters - 26 July 2011
A new web portal offers a previously unseen record of the marine pests that threaten New Zealand’s marine environment.
- Range of Factors at Play in Oyster Deaths - 8 December 2010
Preliminary test results have identified some of the factors involved in the current increase in deaths of young oysters on upper North Island marine farms, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry Response Manager Dr Richard Norman says.
- MAF and Marine Farmers Investigate Oyster Deaths - 2 December 2010
The New Zealand Oyster Industry Association for Aquaculture New Zealand and MAF Biosecurity New Zealand are working together to investigate unexplained juvenile Pacific Oyster deaths on marine farms in the upper North Island.
- Milestone reached with end to aerial mozzie treatments - 23 December 2008
MAF Biosecurity New Zealand (MAFBNZ) says good progress is being made towards the elimination of the southern saltmarsh mosquito in Coromandel with the end this week of aerial treatments.
- Government steps up border management work - 16 February 2012
The Government's three border agencies are stepping up work to make trade and travel more efficient through better co-ordination of border services. Read the Ministers’ media release .