- MPI introduces new biosecurity sniffers - 24 July 2014
Two young biosecurity sniffers were introduced to the world today, along with a new type of detector dog and a new home for the Ministry for Primary Industries’ (MPI) Auckland-based canine team.
- Code of welfare for the temporary housing of companion animals out for consultation - 25 June 2014
New Zealanders are being invited to have their say on the newly drafted animal welfare standards for the temporary housing of companion animals.
- Agreement for the Export of Livestock from New Zealand and Saudi Arabia for Breeding Purposes - 5 March 2014
Agreement between the Ministry for Primary Industries and the Ministry of Agriculture in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on the Export of Livestock from New Zealand to Saudi Arabia for Breeding Purposes.
- Sightings of invasive angry pest bird increase in Auckland - 4 September 2013
The recent “Angry Bird” campaign, to increase awareness of a pest bird in Auckland, has sparked an increase in confirmed public sightings of the red-vented-bulbul, an aggressive Asian species that threatens our crops.
- PKE import rules to be tightened - 19 June 2013
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) has today released two reports from inspectors who made official visits to palm kernel expeller (PKE) meal processing facilities in Malaysia and Indonesia this month.
- New Management Agency for the National Bovine Tuberculosis Pest Management Plan - 14 June 2013
A new management agency has been appointed for the National Bovine Tuberculosis (TB) Pest Management plan.
Entering New Zealand
- Passenger biosecurity keeping out high-risk goods - 30 July 2012
- Australia Signs up to Sea Container Hygiene System - 28 October 2010
Going to Other Countries
There is no news for this section